This class is the next level up from Advanced Intermediate Part 4.
Minimum required skills:
* ability to read and write in hiragana
* familiarity with katakana
* basic kanji
* knowledge of 'u' form and 'masu' form in unfinished and finished tense, conditionals, potentials and transitive-intransitive verbs
* numbers to 100,000,000
* basic understanding of the use of counters
* knowledge of how to make and answer basic information seeking and yes/no questions
* understanding of how describing words work
* vocabulary including colors, foods, family members, every day usage verbs
* vocabulary for 'too much', 'all the way', 'try'
* ability to express every.../no..../some.../any...
* ability to express decision making, acting on someone or something else, and being acted upon
* ability to use shiru and wakaru appropriately
* knowledge of the ~nagara form and potential form
*knowledge of body parts and expressing injury or sickness
This level will focus more on generating self-motivated speech in Japanese and reading and writing. We will use storytelling techniques, and will start discussing our opinions and feelings. Some advanced grammar will be embedded as will some new vocabulary and new kanji.
You will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with the class link about 30-60 minutes before each class session. Please check your spam or junk mailbox if you don’t see it. If you still don’t find it, please email email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
There is a $30.00 charge if you are taking this class for credit.
Classes are non-refundable unless we cancel. In the event your scheduled teacher is unable to teach the scheduled class, we will first attempt to provide a substitute. If a substitute is not available, we will attempt to re-schedule.
You will receive an email 30 minutes before class starts with a link to the class and access instructions.