Artscope A Space Odyssey

A Space Odyssey



Artscope A Space Odyssey

Pre-k - 5th grade


Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri

Jun 19, 2023 - Jun 23, 2023

5 classes

9:00am - 3:00pm CDT


2929 Tower Grove Ave. St. Louis, MO 63110


30 students


Sibling Discount

Class Experience

One thing we know about space is that we don't know much about it (fun fact: we only understand about 5%- the other 95% is a mystery!) We’ll use light, mixed media, collage, and found objects to explore the mystery of space, and beyond…

Class Requirements

Class Requirements

  • Campers are able to follow directions and show respect
  • Campers are able to engage and respond thoughtfully throughout a 6+ hour day, with the support and encouragement of staff
  • Campers maintain respect for materials, space, and work to be good stewards of our communal space
  • Campers stay with groups and understand safety
  • Campers do not show anger with their bodies, especially against other people (hitting, slamming, gesturing)
  • Campers understand respecting privacy
  • If your child is having excessive difficulty fulfilling these expectations, they will be asked to leave camp. The length of time away will be a case by case basis, and is at the discretion of Artscope staff. No refunds will be issued for students who have been suspended.

What you'll learn

  • Exploration
  • Imagination
  • Science
  • Astrology 

Sample Class Format

Class Format

We leave lots of flexibility in our days to follow our campers’ flow, but this is generally how our days look:

  • 9:00-9:30

Welcome/Free Art

  • 9:20-9:50

Circle Time

  • 9:50-10:40

Lesson 1

  • 10:40-11:05


  • 11:05-11:55

Lesson 2

  • 11:55-12:45

Lunch/Free Play

  • 12:45-1:35

Lesson 3

  • 1:35-2:00

Clean Up Time!

  • 2:00-2:45

Outdoor Explore Time!

  • 2:45-3:00

Transition to Pick Up

Other Things To Know

Cancellation Policy

A registration canceled up to the Friday two weeks prior to the week of enrollment is eligible for a refund, less an administrative fee of $25 per week of enrollment canceled. Cancellations after that point are not entitled to a refund.

What To Bring

What to Bring

  • Bring your water bottle, snack, lunch, weather appropriate outerwear, and your inquiring mind!

Artscope Location


2929 Tower Grove Ave. St. Louis, MO 63110