The children are rising up. Join the revolt!
Rebellion is nigh in Matilda JR., a gleefully witty ode to the anarchy of childhood and the power of imagination! This story of a girl who dreams of a better life and the children she inspires will have audiences rooting for the "revolting children" who are out to teach the grown-ups a lesson.
Matilda has astonishing wit, intelligence... and special powers! She's unloved by her cruel parents but impresses her schoolteacher, the highly loveable Miss Honey. Matilda's school life isn't completely smooth sailing, however – the school's mean headmistress, Miss Trunchbull, hates children and just loves thinking up new punishments for those who don't abide by her rules. But Matilda has courage and cleverness in equal amounts, and could be the school pupils' saving grace!
Packed with high-energy dance numbers and catchy songs, Matilda JR. is a joyous girl power romp. Children and adults alike will be thrilled and delighted by the story of the special little girl with an extraordinary imagination.
• Four performances each camp
• Performing on a full set with lights, props, and costumes
• Fun outdoor activities including a camp t-shirt campers get to tie-dye
• 89 camp hours over four weeks (that’s around $7.30 per camp hour)
THE FIRST DAY: Parents and students please come to the theater by 1:30 pm; shortly thereafter you will hear a presentation from
Nathan Cummings, Cinnabars Education Director. After the presentation, kids will begin camp and parents will be excused. If you do not turn in all
paperwork at check-in, you will be asked to stay and complete things before your child may participate.
Parents should plan to stay for 15 minutes – to ½ hour, for information and introductions.
ITEMS TO BRING DAILY: Please pay attention to all the items you are being asked to bring from home. Every year children arrive without their needed supplies and it is embarrassing for your child and disruptive to the camp. Each item should be clearly labeled with his/her name. Cinnabar Theater and its faculty/staff are not responsible for lost or stolen items.
• Water Bottle which can STAY in their box for the duration of camp, so they don’t have to remember it every day (otherwise we end up going thru hundreds of paper cups…please help us conserve!!!)
• A snack/lunch (We recommend healthful, low-sugar items; do not send items that need refrigeration or require a microwave) Please note our nut policy
• A Three-Ring Binder (starting the first day). Each student will need a binder (not just a folder) to hold scripts, music, etc.
• A pencil
3333 Petaluma Blvd N, Petaluma, CA 94952