The 4 week series classes is designed to introduce children to the basics of break dancing. Students will learn a variety of moves and techniques, including toprock, footwork, and power moves. The class will also focus on developing coordination, rhythm, and body control. In addition, the class will provide an opportunity for children to express themselves creatively through movement and music. The class will be taught in a fun and positive environment, and will be suitable for children of all skill levels, from beginners to those with some experience. Students will also be encouraged to create their own moves through the fundamentals so they can "break out of their shell."
Tips to Prepare:
0. We are sharing the space with martial artists and asks students to be prepared to take their shoes off before entering the mat.
1. Please arrive 15 minutes before class starts to check in. Absolutely no late arrivals.
2. Please bring water bottle (labeled with student's name). No food is allowed inside.
3. Wear appropriate clothing such as gym shorts, sweat pants, t shirts or long sleeve shirt. No jeans allowed. Long hair must be tied back. No jewelry is allowed to be worn as it may scratch your skin and damage our floor.
4. If you are traveling by bike, please be prepared to park and lock your bike on Court Street. We do not allow bikes or scooters inside the studio.
5. No Refunds. (No make ups allowed, classes do not roll over)
180 W 9th St, Brooklyn, NY 11231