15 - 18+ yrs
Wed, Jun 23, 2021 - Aug 25, 2021
6:30pm - 7:30pm EDT
The Beginner & Intermediate Songwriting Workshop is a ten-week-long course designed for aspiring songwriters. This class is open to anyone 15+. If you are looking to level up your songwriting skills and learn recording fundamentals, this course is for you!
1. Introduction & Overview of the course
2. Anatomy of a Song
3. Lyric Writing Techniques
4. Song Structures / Arrangement
5. Finding Chords & Building Harmony
6. Writing Melodies That Stick
8. Recording Your Songs: Production & Useful Tools for Songwriters
- Cardioid microphone (Audio-Technica AT2020 XLR)
- Scarlett solo / scarlett 2i2 audio interface
- Mac users: logic pro x / ableton
- Windows: FL Studio / ableton
9. Share your songs / Feedback session
10. Continuation of week 9: Share your songs / Feedback session
How To Participate
You will receive an email 30 minutes before class starts with a link to the class and access instructions.
Sep 17, 2020
It was interactive and challenaged me to learn new things.
i dont really have any in improvement
Location: Online - Zoom | Instructor: Annie Pichan
Reviews for Vocal Lab NYC
Mar 15, 2021
Interaction with Annie and the other students. Its great place to bounce ideas!
Dec 3, 2020
The one on one attention.
About Vocal Lab NYC
Classes and private one-on-one voice lessons for beginner to advanced students within pop, musical theater, jazz, rock, R&B, country and more! The Vocal Lab community believes in the power and effectiveness of collaboration and experimentation. We believe in fully understanding and taking care of our bodies as instruments. We strive to foster a free and positive environment for creativity and expression. We teach the power of self awareness in order to navigate the world as better vocalists and artists. The Vocal Lab NYC's mission is to provide a fun and lively educational environment for students to grow and feel inspired by as artists for life.