10 - 15 yrs
Sun, Jul 11, 2021 - Sep 19, 2021
12:30pm - 1:30pm EDT
This is a FREE test session of our Animation 101 course! Animation 101 is a 15-week course where students take a deep dive into the fundamentals of 2D animation. No prior knowledge of any kind is required! This course is built so that every student can learn no matter his or her starting point. Our goal is to cultivate our young student’s talent and creativity while having a lot of fun!
Please note each student will need at least one of these: an iPad, an iPhone, a Samsung Galaxy tablet, android phone.
- Students will learn the basics of 2D animation
- Students will master the basics of the FlipaClip animation tool
- At the end of the course, students will create their own 15-second animation project.
- This course is the pre-requisite to the "Animation 102" course.
- History of Animation
- Types of Animation
- Tools Used for Animation
- Working with FlipaClip
- Basic Sketching
- Image Composing
- Character Designing
- Understanding the 12 principles of animation
- Understanding the laws of motion
- Emotions & Arcs
- Expressions & Exaggerations
- Run Cycles
- Abstract and Experimental Animation
- Composition, staging, and camera movements
- Final animation project (each of the students will have their own)
This is a free test session for Animation 101. Our teachers will cover the basics of animation and of the course with your student!
Please Note: This is a one-time offer. Please sign up for one session ONLY. This activity is designated for students interested in taking the course who want to learn more before registering. Each Sunday test session will cover the same material. If interested in registering for the course, please sign up for a different time and/or day.
How To Participate
Attend class via Zoom video
This class will be hosted on Zoom video conferencing platform. You will receive an email 30 minutes before class starts with a link to the class and access instructions. We recommend you make sure your device is up to date and meets all system requirements before class.
Sep 20, 2021
Never experienced the class
We waited for 25 minutes and the class still hadn't started! The class was suppose to start at 12:30 and we were still waiting because the instructor was in another class. It would've been nice if the instructor sent us a message about when the class would start. This was a bad first impression! We will not book a class!