10 - 16 yrs
Thu, Oct 14, 2021 - Jan 20, 2022
9:00pm - 10:00pm EDT
Our Animation 101 course is a 15-week course where students take a deep dive into the fundamentals of 2D animation. No prior knowledge of any kind is required! This course is built so that every student can learn no matter his or her starting point. Our goal is to cultivate our young student’s talent and creativity while having a lot of fun!
Please note each student will need at least one of these: an iPad, an iPhone, a Samsung Galaxy tablet, android phone.
- Students will learn the basics of 2D animation
- Students will master the basics of the FlipaClip animation tool
- At the end of the course, students will create their own 15-second animation project.
- This course is the pre-requisite to "Animation 102" course.
- History of Animation
- Types of Animation
- Tools Used for Animation
- Working with FlipaClip
- Basic Sketching
- Image Composing
- Character Designing
- Understanding the 12 principles of animation
- Understanding the laws of motion
- Emotions & Arcs
- Expressions & Exaggerations
- Run Cycles
- Abstract and Experimental Animation
- Composition, staging, and camera movements
- Final animation project (each of the students will have their own)
1. All the communications outside of sessions will be direct with parents.
2. Each session will have light homework. Students are expected to complete assignments within three days for proper review by the instructor.
3. For any rescheduling, instructors will work in advance to find a day and time that works for all.
4. Summer Vacation Deal: We are currently running a 20% discount for the entire course! Please use the code "SUMMER21" at the checkout.
How To Participate
Attend class via Zoom video
This class will be hosted on Zoom video conferencing platform. You will receive an email 30 minutes before class starts with a link to the class and access instructions. We recommend you make sure your device is up to date and meets all system requirements before class.
Reviews for Lune Spark
Sep 20, 2021
Never experienced the class
We waited for 25 minutes and the class still hadn't started! The class was suppose to start at 12:30 and we were still waiting because the instructor was in another class. It would've been nice if the instructor sent us a message about when the class would start. This was a bad first impression! We will not book a class!