11 - 14 yrs
Mon, Aug 30, 2021 - May 23, 2022
5:00pm - 6:00pm PDT
PREPARE TO LAUGH!
This on-camera small-group improv class is designed to get students creating funny characters, engaging with each other in made-up skits and stories, and most importantly: laughing out loud!
Each week students study improv comedy technique from expert-level instructors, with a focus on bringing improv into an on-camera format.
Studio LOL was founded in Los Angeles in 2010. 100% online. Available everywhere. They offer high quality improv education for kids, taught by professional improv comedians who are EXPERTS at teaching and entertaining young people.
Click here to learn more.
- Nervous beginners always welcome!
What you'll learn
- On-camera improv technique
- Confidence with voicing thoughts, feelings, and ideas in front of peers
- The art of jumping in and developing a creative idea from scratch
Sample Class Format
- Warm-Up (15 mins): Practicing focus, emotional expression, and public speaking prep
- Yes, And (15 mins): Practicing collaberation, jumping in, and starting a made-up scene from scratch
- Game of the Day (30 mins): Practicing solo turns with individual attention and deep-dive instruction and technique
Other Things To Know
Cancel and stop payments any time. No refunds for absences, but we're always happy to schedule a makeup class.
How To Participate
Attend class via Zoom video
This class will be hosted on Zoom video conferencing platform. You will receive an email 30 minutes before class starts with a link to the class and access instructions. We recommend you make sure your device is up to date and meets all system requirements before class.
What To Bring
- Silly props and costumes are always welcome, but not required for participation.
Meet your Instructor
About Studio LOL
Studio LOL offers high-quality improv education for kids. Founded in Los Angeles. 100% Online. Available everywhere. Taught by kid-friendly professional improv comedians who are EXPERTS at teaching and entertaining young people through a camera.