Thu, Sep 23, 2021 - Dec 16, 2021
4:00pm - 4:30pm EDT
Rachel R., Annie D.
Join us for a virtual playdate where our beloved book club will meet to share our favorite stories while exploring activities designed to bridge pre-literacy sound recognition and joyful whole body movement.
***READ while you play and PLAY while you read***
How the Magic Happens...
• LᐧMᐧNᐧOᐧPlay! Welcome song - Welcome to the club!
• Interactive Read Aloud #1 -There are many ways to read, listen to, and engage with a book
• Letter of the Week - Explicit literacy skill development using Sounds in Motion
• Movement/Songs - Multi-sensory, play-based activities
• Interactive Read Aloud #2 - There are many ways to read, listen to, and engage with a book
• Goodbye - Reflections and invitations to keep learning and playing at home
This unique program includes:
- Two teachers with masters degrees from Bank Street College of Education and a combined 25+ years of teaching early childhood education
- Small class size for individualized attention
1. This activity requires a minimum of 6 participants.
2. Please reach out to us if you'd like to organize and schedule a private class.
What you'll learn
- Early literacy skills (Phonemic awareness)
- Turn taking and social interaction
- At home ideas for play-based learning
- Book engagement and love of reading
Sample Class Format
- Welcome Song (Intro)
- Interactive Read Aloud #1
- Letter of the Week (Explicity literacy skill development)
- Interactive Read Aloud #2
- Goodbye Song
Other Things To Know
As safety is our number one priority, we will be requiring face masks for all, regardless of vaccination status. We will be vigilant about creating and maintaining a clean and healthy environment.
How To Participate
Attend class via Zoom video
This class will be hosted on Zoom video conferencing platform. You will receive an email 30 minutes before class starts with a link to the class and access instructions. We recommend you make sure your device is up to date and meets all system requirements before class.
Reviews for My Little Book Club (LᐧMᐧNᐧOᐧPlay! at Home, Ages 2-5)
5.0 out of 5
Based on 8 activity ratings
Sep 23, 2021
My 4 year old son had an absolute blast - he was shy and hesitant to join before it started, but Annie and Rachel were so warm and friendly, with a fun selection of books and activities, he ended up being happily engaged the whole time. Highly recommended, and now we’re excited to check out other L-M-N-O-Play! experiences.
My Little Book Club (LᐧMᐧNᐧOᐧPlay! at Home, Ages 2-5)
Location: Online | Instructor: Annie Dycus, Rachel Rubin
Response from L•M•N•O•Play!
Thank you so much for your review. We love meeting new friends and sharing our passion for early childhood education. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your first L•M•N•O•Play! experience and look forward to learning and playing with you again soon!
Jul 2, 2021
Rachel and Annie are really great! This past year has been such a challenge figuring out what activities or classes our 2 year old could do remotely. Knowing every Thursday he had LMNOPlay! always gave us a great relief as we knew it was something our son loved, learned from and looked forward to!
Jun 3, 2021
This is such a well thought out and balanced class. There is reading, singing, dancing and many opportunities during the class for children to engage with the instructors. As a parent I really appreciate the way each child’s name is used throughout the class, it helps make the experience feel very personal. My little one looks forward to this class each week.
May 27, 2021
What's not to love? The books are all hand-picked to amplify positive values and diversity; the teachers are animated and engaging; the full body movements are exciting for my daughter AND me. We love it!!
Mar 9, 2021
Every kid gets to participate
Maybe more letter recognition? The class is wonderful so its hard to find improvement. but maybe the letter of the day could stay in the corner of the screen?
Response from L•M•N•O•Play!
Thank you so much for your feedback! We love being able to dedicate time and individualized attention to each child due to our small class sizes. And, we will absolutely spend more time showing the letter of the day to reinforce recognition and letter-sound correspondence.
Meet your Instructors
LᐧMᐧNᐧOᐧPlay! takes a balanced and joyful approach to teaching early literacy skills by offering play-based book clubs for children ages 1-8. All of our programs include interactive read aloud, multi-sensory engagement, play, and uniquely designed educational materials that nurture the whole child.
READ while you play and PLAY while you read!
We believe that children’s curiosity and enthusiasm should be a driving force in their education. Children at LᐧMᐧNᐧOᐧPlay! have fun, play freely and, also work hard. They are so engaged that they don’t even realize how much they are learning.