Sep 27, 2021 - Dec 8, 2021
5:00pm - 5:30pm EDT
Hola Friends Spanish After-School K, 1st, 2nd with Mrs. Dorka is a class for children 5 to 7 yrs.
It is a small group class where children learn Spanish in a fun and natural way!
This class is ideal for beginners and for Spanish speaking families who wish to reinforce Spanish learning in their children.
Hola Friends Methodology
Hola Friends’ students learn Spanish the same way they learned to speak English.
Students learn Spanish naturally and progressively. We focus on comprehension, production, and conversation.
This class is highly interactive, and kids learn Spanish through play, songs, activities, and more.
- This class runs for 10 - weeks.
- Students and Instructors meet virtually on Zoom twice a week for 40 minutes.
This class includes:
- My Spanish Class Activity Kit (PDF)
- Mi Costalito Hola Friends (includes in your registration fee) - with more than 10 educational materials to enhance Spanish learning at home.
About the instructor:
Hi friends! I am Mrs. Dorka Tirado and I am a licensed freelance Hola Friends instructor.
I am originally from Peru. I currently live in North Carolina with my husband. I have two children, Mariana and Mateo.
I love teaching Spanish to young children in a fun, natural and simple way.
I look forward to the opportunity to share my beautiful Spanish language with you.
- Parent/Caregiver participation is not required, but children may need assistance to have their materials and resources ready for class.
- Classes are subject to cancellation if enrollment is below prescribed minimums.
How To Participate:
Attend class via Zoom video.
This class will be hosted on Zoom video conferencing platform.
You will receive an email 30 minutes before class starts with a link to the class and access instructions. We recommend you make sure your device is up to date and meets all system requirements before class.
- Hola Friends Spanish After-School K, 1st, 2nd helps young students to transition from his/her first language to Spanish in a natural way.
- This class is perfect if your child has never taken any Spanish or if Spanish is the heritage language at home.
What you'll learn
- Language development skills.
- Cultural awareness.
- Social/emotional development skills.
- Cognitive development skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Physical development skills (music and dance).
Other Things To Know
How To Participate
Attend class via Zoom video
This class will be hosted on Zoom video conferencing platform. You will receive an email 30 minutes before class starts with a link to the class and access instructions. We recommend you make sure your device is up to date and meets all system requirements before class.
What To Bring
- My Spanish Class Activity Kit (PDF)- It will be emailed to you.
- Mi Costalito Hola Friends - Shipping cost is included in the registration fee - with more than 10 educational materials to enhance Spanish learning during class and at home.