Fri, Dec 10, 2021
6:30pm - 8:00pm EST
Alex Makes Art is bringing the festivities to Zoom this Holiday Season, and inviting all her friends from around the globe! Grab a gingerbread kit (or DIY!) and bring all your favorite fix-in's to the table. We'll be creating whimsical constructions in all of our zoom windows, filled with candies, icings, and patterns galore! This is a great way to spend the evening with a group of other makers, friends, and family from afar. You won't want to miss this!
- We believe this activity makes for an excellent family-style crafting experience.
What you'll learn
- Boosts creativity
- Confidence in the kitchen
- Builds fine motor skills
- Family time
Sample Class Format
- We will log on, say our hello's, then encourage everyone to have their spaces "proofed" for a potential mess.
- Once our pals are greeted and creative spaces are set up, we'll get to building!
- Conversation will ensue through out the duration of our time together. Alex Makes Art, the host, will use positive reinforcement, creative problem solving, and plenty of coaching and encouragement to help any folks experiencing confusion or frusteration during the build.
- Before logging off, we love to do a share back of what was made during our time together! Nothing formal, just a great way to honor your process and leave feeling proud of your creative experience in a group setting.
Other Things To Know
How To Participate
Attend class via Zoom video
This class will be hosted on Zoom video conferencing platform. You will receive an email 30 minutes before class starts with a link to the class and access instructions. We recommend you make sure your device is up to date and meets all system requirements before class.
What To Bring
- Gingerbread Kit or Homemade Gingerbread Cookie Pieces
- A plate or platform to build your home on top of
- Any bits or bobs that add to your yummy home and spark connection to your familial traditions, or spice up the experience.
Reviews for Alex Makes Art
4.7 out of 5
Based on 43 provider ratings
Aug 24, 2021
My daughter thrived in her private class. Miss Alex guided all of my daughter's creative ideas around an agreed-upon theme into a personal self-expression that inspired continued growth in the subject. Her positive spirit and seasoned expertise, combined with my daughter's enthusiasm and drive, made the experience of making art full of wonder and joy.
1-on-1 Virtual Art Lesson with Miss Alex!
Location: Zoom | Instructor: Alexandra Adamo
Aug 9, 2021
I really like the instructor and the class a lot. The instructor is always lively and prepared.
The instructor was not on the website on Twitch and I couldn't get the class this weekend, not the one before. The Twitch site says, "No videos available."
Aug 2, 2021
Great 😇 instructor and class usually. Note: Parent comment on previous review.
Please stop using multiple websites for the children! Use one website linked to Sawyer and/ or the usual direct link to Khai, and not Twitch...
Aug 2, 2021
We usually enjoy the classes and discussion, and instructor. We really enjoy the time slot as well and that it's therapeutic after a long week 😘!
Use one website for the Sawyer classes virtually. Take into consideration that not every parent wants their children/child surfing and connecting to foreign sites that mostly adults access. Personally, I don't want to keep adding space consuming Apps on our devices. Amen. Send notifications for the class start time and links, and any changes and cancellations ahead of time as a courtesy like Super now.com does.
Jul 8, 2021
Very nice 👍 group and instructors? I really appreciate that they kept everyone attentive and involved, and they were fair in soliciting the students for a response in discussion. Wonderful 😊😘 experience!
May be nice to have a younger group on a different day 💖.
Meet your Instructor
About Alex Makes Art
Alex Makes Art is on a mission to create a unique and interactive experience through virtual art programming. Alex Makes Art teaches an array of classes to kiddos around the globe. Check out SAVI, Crafternoons on Zoom, 1:1's, or have Alex host your next shebang!