Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu
Dec 27, 2021 - Dec 30, 2021
1:00pm - 3:00pm EST
This course is designed for those who took the STEM Class Code & Create 1 or have foundational concepts in programming and want to advance in their game programming and designing skills. If you have taken previous programming courses this might also be suitable for you. We work on an open-sourced platform with a visual programming language called Coderise Create. In case you are doubting whether you could take this course or not please send us an email to email@example.com
What will you learn during the course?
- Build new games with increased difficulty;
- Focus on animation within the games (eg moving background) and focus on expanding games with extra levels;
- Add extra functionalities such as a final score, high score, and a double jump in a platformer game; Testing each other's games, giving feedback, and processing.
This follow-up course is suitable for participants aged 10-13 who have completed one of the following courses and have made the Platformer game.
- Game Plus Edition Code Camp (Physical Code Camp)
- Code & Creat 1 (online bootcamp or course)
- Have experience with Scratch
What you'll learn
- Critical thinking
- Advanced 2D Game Mechanics
- Advanced Programming Concepts
Sample Class Format
It doesn't matter where you live! All you need is a computer, laptop, or Chromebook and a good internet connection. The trainers give interactive workshops and will help you with your own game in smaller, breakout rooms. In addition, we start every week with an energizer, to get to know each other better. And of course, we take breaks in between.
On the last day of the course, there will be an online demo where you can also invite family or friends so that they can see online what we have done during the course!
Other Things To Know
Classes are non-refundable after the first session. There are no make up classes. Refunds can be done 2 weeks prior to the start of the class.
How To Participate
You will receive an email 30 minutes before class starts with a link to the class and access instructions.
Reviews for Coderise Global
Oct 2, 2021
Creating a game
Speak a little slower
Free Coding Class - Scratch Beginners
Location: Online Classes (Zoom) EDT | Instructor: Sandra
About Coderise Global
Founded in 2012, our programs empower children and youth around the globe to develop crucial digital skills.