AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAM - THURSDAYS
Art with Private Picassos
Young artists will explore new and unique art mediums through the exploration of themes like Art from Around the World, Contemporary Artists, Science and Recycled materials.
Monthly theme exploration includes:
Kids will discover the artwork of contemporary and 20th century artists, including Jim Dine, Kiki Smith, Keith Haring, Orly Genger, Sun Kwak, Banksy and many more. We’ll explore their methods and materials, along with new techniques being used by artists.
All About Me
Young artists will carefully look at themselves and the world around them through a variety of art activities. Projects will focus around self and family portraits, as well as artists who explore similar themes, such as Frida Kahlo, Pablo Picasso and Andy Warhol.
Art Around the World
Young artists will travel around the world on an artistic journey, exploring 2-3 dimensional multi-cultural art activities, including Mexican frescos, Kente cloth weaving and Brazilian Carnivale masks.
Young artists will use a variety of recycled materials to create 2-3 dimensional artwork. Projects include: junk printmaking, recycled robot creation, paper making and city creation.
Science and Art!
Budding Picassos and young Einsteins unite! Kids will go on an adventure through the intersecting worlds of science and art in this class. We’ll get messy with homemade chalk, Gyotaku printmaking, fossil creation and much more!
- Program runs from 2:30-6 PM daily
- Regular after school child care (learn & play until 6 PM)
- Includes homework help & open play
- Extended stay available from 6-7 PM (extra $15 per day) - upon request with 24-hours notice
- After school pick up included: PS 31, PS 110, PS 132, PS 34, PS 17
- Available classes: Coding, Chess, Acting, Robotics, Art, Music, French (optional/interchangeable with enrichment activities)
- Multi-day Discount: Receive extra 10% off for more then 3 days
- Sibling Discount: Receive extra 10% off
- Enroll in a full semester and receive 10% off Birthday Parties, One Day Camps & Summer Camp
- Daily outdoor PLAY weather permitting
- 6:1 child to adult ratio
- No stress Snack Saver: Brown bag it OR $3 for child’s choice of PLAY in-house snack options
- Payment due upon booking
- Non-refundable, non-transferable
- Deposit $200 due at registration to reserve spot
- Must be paid in full at the start of the Season (September and January)