In this 2-Day Adult Improv Workshop on Sunday February 22 and Saturday Feb 23, meeting from 10AM-5PM each day, lauded Improv performer and teacher David Razowsky is here to let you in on the secret of improv success:
All you need... is YOU!
From his 10 revues at Second City (performing with the likes of Steve Carell, Stephen Colbert, Amy Sedaris, and Rachel Dratch), to his 10 years as Artistic Director of The Second City Hollywood, to his countless worldwide workshops and performances including his TEDx Talk, “Life: The Product is the Process,” David has developed a simple approach to improvising: Your present awareness is the only thing you need to create compelling, smart, truthful, and surprising scenes. That's IT!
The workshop will focus on scene work, and will give you the tools to:
- Attain calm self-awareness and control at the beginning of the scene, which will lead you to strong and clear points-of-view.
- Get specific without getting anchored down
- Spice up your scenes by adding specifics
- Let go and move on with courage
- Be fully present with your parter and learn how to read them like a book - It's ESP: Extra Sensory Performing!
Your mind will soar, your characters will surprise, and your work will have a new vibrancy.
This 2-day weekend workshop is open to ALL LEVELS of experience - the only thing you'll need is your present presence, and what you'll leave with is your joy and excitement and confidence!
NOTE: This workshop culminates in an invite-only performance WITH David on the Laughing Academy stage at 7pm on Sunday, February 23rd.
• This is a two-day workshop that INCLUDES the opportunity to perform WITH the instructor, David Razowsky - he's performed with Steve Carrell, Stephen Colbert, Rachel Dratch and many more....and now you will be on that esteemed list. That performance will take place at 7pm on Sunday February 23rd.