Students will discuss a variety of story elements including character, plot, point of view, dialog, pacing, outlining, revision and more. Students will read the novel COUNT ME IN by Houston-based author Varsha Bajaj during this workshop. The novel will be used to illustrate and discuss these elements, progressing chapter by chapter through the novel over the course of the workshop. Students have their choice of working on different stories each day, or one continuous story throughout the workshop. Copies of the novel would be sent to each student and are included in the cost of registration!
- Workshops are capped at 8 students maximum.
- Each student will be assigned a Google Drive folder where they can upload their work for additional instructor feedback and communication.
- The time listed on this registration page will be the time of your one-hour “sharing session” on Zoom.
- Once your registration is complete, you will receive an email from The Library Foundation’s programs manager, Kate Kelly, with more information about your specific workshop.
- This program runs for 3-weeks, M-F. Registration covers this entire 3-week period. There is no drop-in option or prorated rates.
- Scholarships will be awarded on an ongoing basis in order to help families impacted financially by the COVID-19 crisis. To apply for a scholarship, please visit austinlibrary.org/creative-writing-camps or email firstname.lastname@example.org for a direct link to the application.
You will receive an email 30 minutes before class starts with a link to the class and access instructions.