Ernest Hemingway broke hearts with 6 words when he wrote, “For sale: baby shoes, never worn.” In this one-week flash fiction course, learn to write gripping stories composed of only 300 to 500 words. We will explore successful flash fiction techniques and read pieces by authors Lydia Davis, Deb Olin Unferth, and Amy Hempel, among others. By the end of the week, participants will know more about the increasingly popular flash fiction genre, understand what makes these bite-sized stories so compelling, and display the beginnings of their own flash fiction collections.
- These workshops will require campers to have access to Zoom and GoogleDrive.
- Workshops are capped at 8 students maximum.
- Each student will be assigned a Google Drive folder where they can upload their work for additional instructor feedback and communication.
- The time listed on this registration page will be the time of your 1.5-hour workshop on Zoom.
- Once your registration is complete, you will receive an email from The Library Foundation’s programs manager, Kate Kelly, with more information about your specific workshop.
- This program runs for one week, M-F. Registration covers this entire one week period. There is no drop-in option or prorated rates.
- Scholarships will be awarded on an ongoing basis to meet family’s demonstrated financial need. To apply for a scholarship, please visit the Badgerdog camps page or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.