Are you a fan of the captivating Giver, Divergent, Matched, or Hunger Games series? Each of those series (and so many more!) feature dystopian societies where things have gone terribly wrong, and an unlikely hero must step up and change the world for the better. In this one-week workshop, students will work on writing their own short story that features a dystopian society of their making. Each day, we will look at a different skill like world-building, creating a hero we can root for, creating a vicious villain, and charting conflict. At the end of the week, we’ll share our short stories and marvel at the worlds we’ve created.
- These workshops will require campers to have access to Zoom and GoogleDrive.
- Workshops are capped at 8 students maximum.
- Each student will be assigned a Google Drive folder where they can upload their work for additional instructor feedback and communication.
- The time listed on this registration page will be the time of your 1.5-hour workshop on Zoom.
- Once your registration is complete, you will receive an email from The Library Foundation’s programs manager, Kate Kelly, with more information about your specific workshop.
- This program runs for one week, M-F. Registration covers this entire one week period. There is no drop-in option or prorated rates.
- Scholarships will be awarded on an ongoing basis to meet family’s demonstrated financial need. To apply for a scholarship, please visit the Badgerdog camps page or email email@example.com for more information.