Put on your detective hats, grab your magnifier glasses, and jump into the world of Journalism! Badgerdog teaching artist Terri Schexnayder will use her advertising and journalistic writing experience to students on how to scoop the important stories of the day—how to research the solid facts in-depth, learn different interview techniques, understand the truth (and stereotypes!) in journalism. In this five day workshop, students will write, design, and/or layout their own ads and articles.
- These workshops will require campers to have access to Zoom and GoogleDrive.
- Workshops are capped at 8 students maximum.
- Each student will be assigned a Google Drive folder where they can upload their work for additional instructor feedback and communication.
- The time listed on this registration page will be the time of your 1.5-hour workshop on Zoom. All times as listed in the Central Time Zone.
- Once your registration is complete, you will receive an email from The Library Foundation’s programs manager, Kate Kelly, with more information about your specific workshop.
- This program runs for one week, M-F. Registration covers this entire one week period. There are no drop-in options or prorated rates.
- Scholarships will be awarded on an ongoing basis to meet demonstrated financial need. To apply for a scholarship, please visit the Badgerdog camps page or email email@example.com for more information.
You will receive an email 30 minutes before class starts with a link to the class and access instructions.