Emotions matter! For your health, relationships, learning, decision-making, and creativity. Not to mention that emotions are at the very heart of creative writing.
In this workshop, we’ll employ creative writing as a way to develop our emotional intelligence. Using a mixture of scientific and creative readings alongside writing games and emotional prompts, we will work our way through the major skills of emotional intelligence.
By the end of the week, not only will we have become more skillful at incorporating emotions in our writing to make it stronger, but we will have developed a deeper understanding of how keeping in touch with our emotions can lead to real-life improvement of our well-being.
- These workshops will require campers to have access to Zoom and GoogleDrive.
- Workshops are capped at 8 students maximum.
- Each student will be assigned a Google Drive folder where they can upload their work for additional instructor feedback and communication.
- The time listed on this registration page will be the time of your 1.5-hour workshop on Zoom. All times as listed in the Central Time Zone.
- Once your registration is complete, you will receive an email from The Library Foundation’s programs manager, Kate Kelly, with more information about your specific workshop.
- This program runs for one week, M-F. Registration covers this entire one week period. There are no drop-in options or prorated rates.
- Scholarships will be awarded on an ongoing basis to meet demonstrated financial need. To apply for a scholarship, please visit the Badgerdog camps page or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
You will receive an email 30 minutes before class starts with a link to the class and access instructions.