Badgerdog's Creative Writing Summer Camp allows young people to work with local writers, gaining inspiration and instruction in the crafts of poetry, fiction, and nonfiction writing. Workshops are limited to 8 students, and campers are grouped according to grade level. This Middle School Workshop is open to students who will be entering 7th and 8th grade in the fall of 2021. All campers are published in a professional-quality anthology (released fall 2021) and the last day of camp will conclude with a celebratory student reading.
- All workshops will be capped at 8 students max in order to maintain safe social distancing.
- Students will be asked to wear masks at all times and follow regular hand-washing practices.
- Badgerdog campers will abide by the host school's policies regarding COVID safety practices.
- Camp will begin at 9:00AM and end at 12:00PM. Early drop-off and aftercare are not available for this camp.
- Students are encouraged to bring their own snacks as community snacks will not be provided.
- Once your registration is complete, you will receive an email from The Library Foundation’s programs manager, Kate Kelly, with more information about your specific workshop.
- This program runs for 3-weeks, M-F. Registration covers this entire 3-week period. There are no drop-in options or prorated rates.
- Scholarships will be awarded on an ongoing basis to meet demonstrated financial need. To apply for a scholarship, please visit the Badgerdog camps page or email email@example.com for more information.
5001 Evans Ave, Austin, TX 78751