Are you a budding poet who wants to practice your art? Are you hoping to bring your poems to life?
In this one-week workshop, students will work on new poems, and then practice reading with expression, energy, and heart. During the week we’ll study contemporary poems, specifically discussing the elements of poetry (line breaks, voice, meter, rhyme, and more!) as well as the relationship between form and content. Writing prompts will help students begin writing, and our fabulous teaching artists will give students the opportunity to practice bringing these new poems to life.
- These workshops will require campers to have access to Zoom and GoogleDrive.
- Each student will be assigned a Google Drive folder where they can upload their work for additional instructor feedback and communication.
- Registration is limited to 15 students max.
- The time listed on this registration page will be the time of your 1.5-hour workshop on Zoom.
- Once your registration is complete, you will receive an email from The Library Foundation’s programs manager, Katherine Lamb, with more information about your specific workshop.
- This program runs for one week, M-F. Registration covers this entire one week period. There is no drop-in option or prorated rates.
- Scholarships will be awarded on an ongoing basis to meet family’s demonstrated financial need. To apply for a scholarship, please visit the Badgerdog camps page or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
You will receive an email 30 minutes before class starts with a link to the class and access instructions.