***Price includes pickup from PS318, snack, Art Trek field trips, materials for the semester, and meeting with a visiting artist! ***Maturing artists create work they did not previously realize they are capable of making....Realistic portraits! High-grade sculptures! Large-scale painting! Book binding!.....and gain lifelong skills in arts and creative-thinking.
With an emphasis on honing specific skills, this session series allows middle school artists to move from pure experimentation into a position of controlling their materials. This process includes actively building a communal vocabulary spanning technical art terms (such as the elements of art), outlining and utilizing constructive critique methods, and requiring open-minded dialogue.
During this session series middle school artists will also trek into the city to galleries, artist studios, and/or museums throughout the semester. In addition to being instructed by professional teaching artists, a visiting artist interacts with the middle school group with a studio visit to their studio and to ours. Middle schoolers design independent long-term projects based off of the visiting artist's practice as an extension into our arts community of NYC.
• If you bring an additional snack, make sure it is NUT FREE! • What to pack + schedule info : http://www.thepaintedcloud.com/policies
The Painted Cloud
168 Marcy Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11211
Wednesdays, 3:00pm - 6:00pm
Feb 6, 2019 - Jun 19, 2019
• Enter the word "cash" in the promo code to pay with Venmo, cash, or check. For Venmo, friend @Painted-Cloud and we will send you a request for payment. For cash and check, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Doing so will avoid the 3% Credit Card processing fee of $37.79 will be added at checkout
• Payment plans available at checkout
• 10% sibling discount available at checkout
• (closed: 2/20, 4/24, 6/26)