***Price includes materials for the semester, and meeting with a visiting artist! *** Your young artist's first independent studio experience! Young artists ages 2.5 - 4 join a three hour drop off studio session and gain independence while working with teaching artists. In this intimate studio setting, young artists work closely with teaching artists on a wide range of art techniques and materials while socializing and building a positive first-time community studio experience. A unique alternative to daycares and playgroups — this three hour art session focuses on strengthening each child’s intrinsic connection to the visual and social world. Young artists develop within learning The Painted Cloud morning routine, and are then being able to navigate that routine with their own choices. Art projects for this age group are specially curated to engage sensory awareness and fine motor skills as well as build vocabulary in art and socialization. Along with songs, movement, snack, and stories, choice time is an important component of our schedule. Young artists are given independent time to think, imagine, and develop personal interests alongside their peers. Teaching artists kindly guide young artists through dialogue with their peers and answering the open-ended question, ‘What do you notice?’. In art-making, teaching artists provide stimulating options and support to young artists’ explorations through a process and inquiry-based approach. Through painting, sculpture, printmaking, collage, textiles, and more — young artists will take their first steps in a lifelong love for the arts while building strong communication skills and relationships.
• Please pack a nut free snack/lunch.
The Painted Cloud
168 Marcy Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11211
Fridays, 9:00am - 12:00pm
Feb 8, 2019 - Jun 21, 2019Limited Space
• Enter the word "cash" in the promo code to pay with Venmo, cash, or check. For Venmo, friend @Painted-Cloud and we will send you a request for payment. For cash and check, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Doing so will avoid the 3% Credit Card processing fee of $10 will be added at checkout
• Payment plans available at checkout
• 10% sibling discount available at checkout
• (closed: 2/22, 4/19, 4/26, 6/28)