Explore science, math, and art with LEGO bricks! Each week we will build an exciting new challenge, such as Layers of the Earth, with each child using LEGO bricks in their own unique style.
What does our LEGO® Engineering program offer?
LEGO® Engineering program includes a diverse curriculum that involves STEAM learning principles. It has both beginner and intermediate level lessons. One of the main goals of this program is to teach kids how to think like scientists as they build LEGO® models. At the class, we challenge kids with strategic questions to guide them through the process of applying science, technology, engineering, art, and math skills and test their ideas to answer different questions. Furthermore, the building activities will reinforce the children’s creativity as we use LEGO® models in storytelling and acting.
What is the structure of LEGO® Engineering Classes?
Each lesson is structured according to a natural learning flow called the LEGO® Education 4C Approach, which promotes successful learning experiences and included 4 phases:
1. Connect (When we share stories/discussions to spark curiosity and preparing for new learning)
2. Construct (The children will participate in a hands-on building activity creating models of people, places, objects, and ideas)
3. Contemplate (The most important phase, when we reflect on what we’ve built, talk about it, and share insights they have gained)
4. Continue (We expand newly-acquired knowledge in our new related builds)
What is LEGO® Education and how LEGO® Engineering classes benefit your kids?
There are massive benefits for children when it comes to learning and actively participating in LEGO® Engineering program. Some of these benefits include:
1. Hands-on multidisciplinary learning.
2. Critical thinking, logic, and reasoning.
3. Understanding and application of STEAM concepts: Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Mathematics.
4. Promotes creativity and outside-of-the-box thinking
5. Promotes Literacy.
6. Teamwork and soft skills
The link to connect to the class will be sent out 30 minutes before the class begins.
Please find the link to access a SUPPLY LIST FOLDER in the confirmation email you will receive right after you complete registration for this class. All further list supplies will be added to the same folder!!! Make sure to keep that email.