If your little one just can't wait to be king, then they will love exploring all their favorite jungle animals through song, dance, acting, and artwork!
This season, Treasure Trunk Theatre is providing safe, creative, outdoor camps for your child when schools are closed! Come imagine and play with us, learn dance choreography, act out stories, work on an art project, and more. Our programs focus on social-emotional learning, collaboration, and imaginative play, all vital pillars of development, especially during this socially-distant time.
Whether your child already enjoys performing or is a little hesitant, our camps are aimed to boost their confidence and get them excited about being themselves!
9:00am : Welcome & Warm-ups
- Kiddos are welcomed each day by our experienced and enthusiastic teaching artists. The day will begin with theatrical warm up activities and games to engage our bodies, voices and imaginations!
10:00am : Movement & Dance
- Campers will learn a fun dance to beloved songs corresponding to our weekly theme!
10:30am : Treasure Trunk Opening & Craft Time
- We will open our magical treasure trunk to reveal the craft project! Each day, kiddos will create something new and exciting, tailored to our theme.
10:45am : Snack Time
11:00am : Storytime & Acting Out!
- We will open our trunk once more to reveal the story of the day! We will read our book of the day, and then kiddos will have the chance to actually act out the plot and play the characters.
11:30am : Imaginative Play & Theatrical Games
- We will end the day with a few more favorite, theatrical games before ending in our closing goodbye circle.
Current Covid Policies and Safety Procedures:
Masks are required by students, adults, and teaching artists at all times.
Children will be asked to sanitize their hands before class starts, and before/after any snack or lunch is eaten. Our teacher will have sanitizer on hand or you are welcome to use your own.
Please do not attend class/camp if you or your child is feeling unwell or if you or a member of the child’s household have had close contact with a positive Covid case in the past 14 days. Thank you for your cooperation in keeping our staff and students safe.
For full safety procedures, please see our COVID-Safety page.
Due to Covid precautions, we will not have a final showcase on Friday at the end of camp.
Our camp is outdoors in almost all weather, so please be sure your child is dressed for the weather. We will be sure to have lots of moving and dancing all morning to keep our bodies warm when it’s cold out, and take lots of shady water breaks when it’s hot.
In the event that the temperature forecast for the day is below 35 degrees, or severe rain, wind, or snow is expected, the camp will be moved to Zoom, with the exception of our Pier 6 location.* We will notify all families by 8am on the morning of the camp and send the Zoom link at that time.
*For rainy days, camps located at Pier 6 will be moved to Pier 2 at Brooklyn Bridge Park. In the event that the camp needs to be moved, you will receive an email by 8am the morning of the camp.
** Further correspondence about your class will be sent to the email you use for your Sawyer registration.