For kids age 9+ and entering 4-8th grade.
Your kids will be given the opportunity to learn the basic FUNdamentals of photography from one of Portland's most beloved family photographer's, Posy Quarterman. Posy will:
- Introduce your kids to the meanings and uses of the different settings on their digital camera*
- Play with composition and light
- Build a pinhole camera, and other photo-centered crafts
- Learn about some of the most important photographers through history
- Adventure out into the community on photography “assignments” and outings
- Introduce art and activism and how photography can change the world
- Learn to critique art and we'll exhibit the kids work and put on a photo show for parents and family on the final afternoon of camp.
* You will need to bring a camera with you every day – it can be a point and shoot or DSLR, but it it must be digital. Please have a clean memory card for the first day, as well as a charged battery. You should bring your camera’s manual as well if you have it.
Posy Quarterman Photography
• Please pack a NUT FREE snack and lunch for your child for camp • Make sure campers have a water bottle • Campers need to have good walking shoes as they will go on photoshoots in the neighborhoods around the studio • Photography students need to bring their own camera and a blank memory card. • If the weather is sunny, make sure your kids have access to sunscreen prior to coming to camp.
SE Vibe Studio
5633 SE Division St
Portland, OR 97206
• The SE Vibe Studio is a NUT FREE studio. Thank you for understanding and keeping all our studio kids safe.