Welcome! This course is and LGBTQ+ only space. Learn more about Queer Wilderness and our Affinity Groups here.
In this 6-week course, participants ages 14-19 will have the unique opportunity to connect with the queer community during these uncertain times. We will focus on how we can tap into our own inherent resilience through explorations of resiliency in queerness and in the natural world and through playful and connection building games and activities.
These gatherings will provide space for participants to make friendships, build their confidence, learn ways to adapt to change and enjoy a sense of fun and belonging in a time of social distancing. Each group will have some structure and will allow for space to reflect, connect and find some relief through seeing our own and other’s resiliency.
Objectives 1) Gain ecological education, wilderness, and backpacking skills
2) Create and practice rituals to feel empowered and grounded
3) To address the questions of “Who am I?” and “Where do I belong?” both with humans
and the natural world
4) See their own identities reflected in the queerness of nature and others around them
5) Increase emotional resilience and support from others within the LGBTQIA+ community
6) Practice listening to others and one’s own intuition
7) Discover one’s own inner fire and innate gifts in the world
This course can either be a stand-alone program or integrated with our programs.
If you anticipate challenges getting a parent/guardian to sign a participation waiver, please contact us at email@example.com or text/call 303-938-9191.
APPLICATION PROCESS FOR 2021
Option A: Pay the $75 deposit via this page to reserve a spot.
Option B: Begin by completing a Financial Aid Application HERE first.
As with all of our youth programs, we have full and partial scholarships available for this course. Find more info by visiting the Financial Aid page of this site or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.